NRF24L01+ Wireless Transceiver Module
The nRF24L01 is a single chip 2.4GHz transceiver with an embedded baseband protocol engine (Enhanced ShockBurstTM), designed for ultra low power wireless applications. The nRF24L01 is designed for operation in the world wide ISM frequency band at 2.400 - 2.4835GHz. An MCU (microcontroller) and very few external passive components are needed to design a radio system with the nRF24L01.
The nRF24L01 is configured and operated through a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI.) Through this inter- face the register map is available. The register map contains all configuration registers in the nRF24L01 and is accessible in all operation modes of the chip.
The embedded baseband protocol engine (Enhanced ShockBurstTM) is based on packet communication and supports various modes from manual operation to advanced autonomous protocol operation. Internal FIFOs ensure a smooth data flow between the radio front end and the system’s MCU. Enhanced Shock- BurstTM reduces system cost by handling all the high-speed link layer operations.
The radio front end uses GFSK modulation. It has user configurable parameters like frequency channel, output power and air data rate.
The air data rate supported by the nRF24L01 is configurable to 2Mbps. The high air data rate combined with two power saving modes makes the nRF24L01 very suitable for ultra low power designs.
Internal voltage regulators ensure a high Power Supply Rejection Ratio (PSRR) and a wide power supply range.
· The real GFSK monolithic transceiver chip
· Built-in hardware and link layer
· Automatic response and automatic retransmission function
· Address and CRC check function
· Wireless rate : 1 or 2 MBPS
· SPI interface rate : 0 ~ 8MBPS
· 125 optional channels work
· Channel switching time is very short, can be used for frequency hopping
· Fully compatible with nRF24XX series
· I/O can accept 5v level of input
· ±60ppm 16MHz crystal
· Low working voltage : 1.9 ~ 3.6 V
· The global open ISM frequency band, the maximum 0 dbm transmitted power, free license to use.
· Transmission distance up to 100 meters in outdoor open occasions!.