Fingerprint Sensor (R305) with Interface Board
This is a finger print sensor module with TTL UART interface for direct connections to microcontroller UART or to PC through MAX232 / USB-Serial adapter. The user can store the finger print data in the module and can configure it in 1:1 or 1: N mode for identifying the person. The Finger print module can directly interface with Microcontroller. A level converter is required for interfacing with PC serial port. Optical biometric fingerprint reader with great features and can be embedded into a variety of end products.
· Power DC: 5V
· Working current: Typical 90 mA, Peak 150mA
· Resolution 500 DPI
· Matching Method: 1: N
· Fingerprint sensor type: Optical
· Image acquiring time : <0.5s
· Template size: 512 bytes
· Storage capacity: 250
· Average searching time: < 0.8s (1:880)
· Sensor Life: 100 million times
· Static indicators: 15KVBacklight
· Image Capture Surface 15—18(mm)
· Verification Speed: 0.3 sec
· Scanning Speed: 0.5 sec
· Character file size: 256 bytes
· False Acceptance Rate (FAR):0.0001%
· False Rejection Rate (FRR): 0.1%
· Interface: UART (TTL logical level)
· RS232 communication baud rate: 9600BPS changeable
· Operating Environment Temperature: -20 to 45° centigrade’s
· Fingerprint Sensor -R305 Size (LXWXH):32.5x23.7x54mm
· Interfacing Board PCB Size (LXWXH): 46.8x1.5x59.7mm
· Weight: 46g.
How to train up your Finger print in this module?
There are three buttons in the module the first button is the ADD button, second button is the DELETE button and the third button is the SEARCH button.
How to add the finger print?
STEP 1: Press the ADD button, then you will notice that the led in the scanner which is connected to the module starts to blink continuously.
STEP 2: Place your finger on the scanner. After a second you will notice the led that is blinking in the scanner will stop, remove your finger immediately. After some second the led in the scanner will again starts to glow continuously, now again place your finger in the scanner. If the green led in the module blinks means the finger print has been stored and you can remove your finger, or else the finger print has not been stored and you have to repeat the STEP1.
How to delete the stored finger print?
Press DELETE button, it will delete all the finger prints that is stored in the database.
How to Search a stored finger print?
Place your finger in the scanner and simultaneously press the SEARCH button. If the finger print is correct the green led in the module will glow else if the finger print is incorrect the blue led will glow.
NOTE 1: If you connect the Finger Print Interface Board to the computer, you will get the clear view of the output through TERMINAL SOFTWARE.
NOTE 2: The output of the Finger Print Interface Board will be in TTL, so you can’t able to directly connect it to the computer; you have to buy RS232 TO TTL CONVERTER MODULE.